When you and your partner decide to have professional photos taken, you’ll want to prepare well to get the most out of your investment.
Before you jump into your photo session, here’s the truth about more fun and better couple pictures:
People who devote ample time and creativity to preparing for their photoshoot achieve dramatically better results.
When you dedicate yourself to anything important to you and are emotionally involved, you’ll end up with more direction and greater confidence.
And it gets better …
Skills can be enhanced, and knowledge acquired.
“What does this have to do with couple photoshoot ideas,” you may ask?
We’ll explain shortly, but first …
Do this before your couple photoshoot.
In the months, weeks, and days leading up to their photo session, the most successful couples do five things well:
- they passionately—and equally—buy into the photoshoot and see it as an exciting opportunity to celebrate their relationship;
- they schedule regular time to brainstorm amazing couple photography ideas, stylish photoshoot outfits, and fun props to suit their style;
- they communicate abundantly with their professional photographer to ensure expectations are managed. It’s also a fantastic chance to tap into the expertise of your local artist, who can comment on unique photo locations, the most talented vendors, efficient ways to commute around town, and optimal starting times;
- get inspired and stay organized with a Pinterest inspiration board devoted to awesome couple photoshoot ideas;
- they practice their couple poses and … how to kiss (not the worst homework for lovers on a Friday night, right?).
Do this on the day of your couple photoshoot.
On the day of their photo session, smart couples …
- avoid stress by preparing the night before and leaving for their couple photoshoot on time;
- trust in their photographer, whose interests (in having fun and getting dazzling pictures) should be perfectly aligned;
- celebrate and enjoy their time together … the photos will follow.
Now, how great would it feel if you could make one simple tweak to your shoot prepping and then, almost magically, achieve greater results?
“Sure, silly question. It would feel incredible.”
Well, what if we shared 3 fun couple photoshoot ideas with you … each of which had the potential to delightfully energize your experience and get you better couple photos?
You’d not believe your good fortune and use ’em all, right?
“Okay, I get it. Prepare well leading up to our shoot, and a better photography experience awaits. But how?”
Thankfully we have a few creative couple photography ideas to help you avoid run-of-the-mill images while having more fun.
So, without further ado, let’s dive right in, shall we?
Couple photoshoot ideas #1: props are guaranteed to quirk up your couple photoshoot.
Incorporating creative props is a fantastic way to up the fun factor while adding spice and variety to your couple shoot.
Props can also help loosen you up—notably if you or your partner are a bit camera shy or just struggle with showing your personality in public.
“So far, so good.”
If you’re like the rest of us, you genuinely care about couple pictures that memorialize YOU and the unique relationship you share with your loved one.
“Everyone knows this. So, what am I missing?”
But using the wrong props—ones that are out of character for you as a couple—can lead to stiff poses and cheesy imagery.
We love oversized balloons as much as the next guy.
Still, balloons are not necessarily for everyone or unique. The good news is that there are fantastic props for any couple.
Couple photoshoot ideas #2: consider the Champagne pop.
Toasting with a properly chilled, bubbly Champagne is always a good idea.
Chances are, your couple photoshoot marks a joyous occasion … and the fizzy, light-colored wine has historically been associated with celebration.
What you may not realize is that the act itself, of popping and spraying a Champagne, can be surprisingly fun and make for seriously mind-blowing photographs.
The spray works best in photos during twilight—immediately after official sunset—when it’s possible to witness the sky take on an increasingly vivid blue color (the so-called Blue Hour).
Couple photoshoot ideas #3: theme-styled picnics rock.
We’re big fans of doing a picnic as part of your couple photoshoot.
Because a picnic can be as unique as you choose to make it. Plus, it’s hands-down one of the yummiest props in the known universe and, accordingly, makes for insanely swoon-worthy photos.
When you schedule the picnic toward the end of your photo session, you get to spend quality time cuddling with your loved one over heavenly treats after the shoot is over. Can you imagine a more delightful way to unwind?
That said, don’t merely show up with any blanket and a picnic basket and, then, somehow expect a memorable experience with kick-ass photographs.
Epic picnic settings require thoughtful planning and typically involve too many moving parts to carry for the duration of your shoot. As such, it is a splendid idea to enlist a planner to prepare the setting for you. Then, all you need to do is show up and enjoy while making the most of your actual photography coverage.