When you and your partner decide to have professional photos taken, you’ll want to prepare well to get the most out of your investment.
Do this before your couple photoshoot.In the months, weeks, and days leading up to their photo session, the most successful couples do five things well:
- they passionately—and equally—buy into the photoshoot and see it as an exciting opportunity to celebrate their relationship;
- they schedule regular time to brainstorm amazing couple photography ideas, stylish photoshoot outfits, and fun props to suit their style;
- they communicate abundantly with their professional photographer to ensure expectations are managed. It’s also a fantastic chance to tap into the expertise of your local artist, who can comment on unique photo locations, the most talented vendors, efficient ways to commute around town, and optimal starting times;
- get inspired and stay organized with a Pinterest inspiration board devoted to awesome couple photoshoot ideas;
- they practice their couple poses and … how to kiss (not the worst homework for lovers on a Friday night, right?).
Do this on the day of your couple photoshoot.On the day of their photo session, smart couples …
- avoid stress by preparing the night before and leaving for their couple photoshoot on time;
- trust in their photographer, whose interests (in having fun and getting dazzling pictures) should be perfectly aligned;
- celebrate and enjoy their time together … the photos will follow.