Your Questions. Answered.
Prepare like a Pro
After your shoot
The best way to decide on the perfect travelshoot is to browse our super-informative Paris photo shoot guide, which will give you an excellent idea of how many hours are ideal for you based on:
- your preference of photo locations;
- desired number of outfit changes;
- starting time(s); and
- photography budget.
Our minimum booking is for a 30-minute Eiffel Tower session, which typically takes place around Trocadéro mid-morning or throughout the day. We do not offer the 30-minute option at sunrise or in the evening.
Keep in mind that more photography coverage often translates into added fun and better value. That’s why most of our clients prefer substantial bookings, including our popular 2-3 hour sunrise and/or evening slots. Also ask us about our insanely fun and unique specialty-shoots (e.g. Midnight in Paris, Emily in Paris, etc.).
Things to keep in mind:
- Sometimes more is indeed more … Unless you already have experience in front of the camera, you might need a few minutes to warm up. Similarly, it takes time to change outfits, wait for a yummy café, and commute around town. The last thing you want is to introduce unnecessary stress into your shoot.
- As a rule of thumb, we recommend approximately 1 hour of photography/video coverage per Main Location, such as Trocadéro, the Louvre, Montmartre, and the Luxembourg Gardens.
- Remote photo spots, such as La Défense, Château de Villette, Château Bouffémont, and Château Vaux-le-Vicomte require a little more time.
- If you’re after maximum fun and location, outfit, and prop variety, we’d go with at least 3 hours of photography coverage, which is typically enough for the Eiffel Tower + Louvre (including surrounding attractions such as the Tuileries Gardens, Palais Royal, and a fabulous Parisian café). Of course, you’re welcome to split the 3 hours and customize your itinerary any way you see fit.
- for families with toddlers (approximately 1-4 years), we recommend our shorter sessions (30-minute or 1 hour). When your kids are relatively independent, you should commission more substantial coverage and have your kids entertain themselves while you as a couple sneak in a few romantic pictures.
Most shoots can conveniently be reserved online with zero back and forth—available 24/7!
We accept all major credit/debit cards.
Our intuitive booking system makes it super easy to schedule your shoot. Simply select a time and photographer or videographer that works well for you.
A security deposit of 50% of your overall package fee reserves your preferred date, starting time(s), and artist.
We’ll instantly confirm your reservation and provide an invoice and contract for your convenience.
You’ll also receive a summary of your shoot details, including the contact information of your photographer or videographer.
For more involved reservations or full-service planning, please
Kiss Me in Paris is perfect for couples, families, and basically, anyone who wants fantastic photos/video and plenty of fun along the way.
If you care about responsive communication in English, value-packed photography packages, and a fast turnaround of your photos/video, then you should use Kiss Me in Paris.
We can also help plan your surprise proposal. As the #1 marriage proposal planner in Paris, we are an excellent partner for people who want peace of mind, deep-rooted local expertise and connections, and a frictionless experience.
The number of edited photos you receive depends on the photography package you choose. Simply put, the more photography coverage you book, the more pictures you’ll get.
Either way, you’ll see all images from your photo session (initially with watermark) and can then decide which ones you want us to edit for you.
Want more photos than come standard with your photography package?
We got you covered: each additional high-resolution, edited image is only Euro 5.
Suppose you just can’t decide … and want all the fabulous photos from your Paris photoshoot.
No problem. For a modest additional fee, you can immediately download all unedited pictures from your shoot in ultra-high-resolution, print-ready JPEG format.
Best of all, you can purchase all unedited, high-resolution JPEG photos before or after your shoot.
Yes, our goal is to edit your photos as beautifully as you see on our website and social media.
For a detailed description of our editing options, please click on the “After your shoot” tab to the right.
The fastest way to check availability and pricing is to head over to our intuitive online booking system.
Pricing starts at only Euro 250 per hour and varies depending on your choice of photographer and photo/video package.
For weddings, custom marriage proposal planning, and destination packages, please email our sales team to set up a complimentary consultation.
If you prefer to tell us your story via our contact form, kindly specify your preferred date(s), starting time, amount of photography/video coverage, and any initial shoot ideas. The more detail you provide, the better we can help.
The only time we require an associate is for evening sessions, i.e., for any shoot that concludes after official sunset (check the sunrise and sunset times for your date here).
Why? Because we need someone to discretely hold a light to illuminate you. Also, theft is unfortunately more widespread in the evenings, so the associate will protect our belongings.
With that said, an associate offers many brilliant advantages:
- he can help carry your outfits, wallets & phones, or props during the photo session, freeing up your hands to enjoy each other;
- Your associate can, at times, photograph or film (with her phone) behind the scenes. As such, you might get a spectacular second perspective or just a short unedited video to relive your memories.
- During busy times of the day, she can help with crowd management. It’s an excellent way to avoid stress and prevent undesirable photobombing.
- Your associate can already arrange an UBER or taxi to get you to the following photo location while you are wrapping up. In return, you’ll have more time to take amazing photos, stress-free!
- During the cooler winter months, it’s a blessing to have someone who can quickly help you get in and out of a warm coat and comfy shoes—notably when your hands are freezing.
The clock officially starts at the scheduled kickoff time of your shoot (even if you arrive a few minutes late).
It’s entirely up to you how to use your commissioned time.
Some folks prefer to visit as many photo spots as possible. However, keep in mind that Paris is busy, so you should expect to lose time in traffic and while waiting for an UBER or taxi.
Others may want to make several outfit changes. Please appreciate that unless you rent a private van with a driver, you’ll lose time passing by your hotel or changing in a café.
Your photographer will have a big impact on your overall experience and, by extension, on your photographs.
All Kiss Me in Paris photographers are fun, energetic, and possess strong communication skills in English and French. They are experienced, reliable, (mostly) internationally published, and deeply passionate about meeting people.
With that said, there are stylistic differences in our artists’ work. So the best way to discover the ideal fit for your specific needs is to check out each individual artist, including samples of their work and what others say about them.
We accept all major credit cards. If you choose to pay the balance of your photography package in cash, it is due on the day of your shoot.
Booking with us is fast, simple, and secure: a retainer payment of 50% of your overall package fee and a signed contract reserve your preferred date, starting time(s), and artist.
We understand that life can sometimes get in the way … Paris is a busy city and you’re on vacation.
That said, just as you’d expect your photographer to arrive on time, we ask you to kindly be punctual as well.
We book multiple shoots per day and need to ensure that our artists are available for their next booking … well-rested and prepared.
The maximum amount of time we contractually wait for you at the agreed meeting point is 15 minutes from your official starting time. We suggest calling or texting your photographer when you feel you may be late.
Even when we start your shoot with a delay (resulting from your late arrival), we do not extend coverage complimentarily.
We love sunny, warm days as much as the next man … but it’s just not guaranteed. We can control almost every element of your travel shoot experience except for the weather.
Here’s our commitment: we’ll try hard to work around rain on short-notice, adapt your itinerary, and—subject to availability—even accommodate a date or time-switch.
As one of the busiest studios in Paris, we cannot guarantee the opportunity to reschedule during peak seasons or holidays.
On a related note, appreciate two little-known weather considerations:
- accurately predicting the weather in Paris several days in advance is seriously impossible (not kidding). So, do not stress yourself with unreliable forecasts unless they’ve been updated within 6-8 hours from the scheduled starting time of your shoot;
- at Kiss Me in Paris, we consider an overcast sky perfect for exploring Paris. Clouds allow for more flattering skin exposure, the absence of undesirable shadows, eye squinting, fewer people … which ultimately translates into better photographs.
Almost no week goes by in Paris without some sort of special event: marathon, Paris Fashion Week, July 14 festivities, a techno parade, women’s health, strike, elections, sports events, dignitaries … you name it.
And since the Iron Lady just says Paris more so than any other monument in the city, many events occur somewhere near the Eiffel Tower.
We have seen cranes in front of the Eiffel Tower, a soccer ball hanging in an arch of the tower, a barricade erected around the tower, streets blocked off … you get the point. Hey, we’ve even seen the Iron Lady remain dark at night in protest of theft.
The Louvre Museum also occasionally closes off to the public—most frequently on Tuesday or Sunday evenings. Its courtyard is typically obstructed twice a year for Paris Fashion Week.
Your expectation should be that your preferred location will photograph well and as you see it in our galleries. You should, however, also expect the unexpected since Paris is a vibrant city in the heart of Europe … and events are part of our everyday life.
We do not offer a refund or change our editing process if your preferred location happens to be obstructed or otherwise visually less appealing. But we will work with you to reschedule your shoot if you let us know in advance.
It’s sometimes just not possible to keep your appointment despite the best intentions.
We’ve seen it all from airport disruptions and canceled flights to visa issues, strikes, health, pregnancy, job conflicts, and a host of other challenges.
As the premier Parisian photography studio, we want you to book with confidence and offer an unparalleled cancellation policy.
Here’s our CANCELLATION GUARANTEE:
- all Paris-based photo sessions (excluding weddings and proposal planning) come with an unconditional 100%, no questions asked, cancellation guarantee up to 7 days before the scheduled start of your photo/video shoot;
- if you cancel within 7 days from the scheduled start of your shoot, 100% of the deposit becomes a non-refundable retainer;
- if you do not show up for your scheduled shoot—and assuming you did not cancel in writing 7 days in advance—100% of the deposit becomes a non-refundable retainer;
- However, we will always help you reschedule (when possible) and, otherwise, provide a 1-year credit towards a future visit to Paris.
Our promise is simple: if you’re not happy with your experience or photos, we did not do a good job and don’t want your money. We encourage you not to delay and contact us at once for a full refund. Please note 3 important points:
- All photographs in your proofing gallery will remain watermarked until you ask us to edit your favorite pictures. Once we start editing your photos, a refund is no longer available.
- No refund is possible once you download any photos from your proofing gallery.
- Our refund policy exclusively applies to Paris-based photoshoots. Proposal & wedding planning, event photography (weddings, corporate parties, etc.), and shoots outside of Paris are strictly excluded from a partial or full refund.
After you officially book, you’ll immediately receive an email confirmation detailing the particulars of your travel shoot, including an introduction to your photographer. You’ll also gain access to her/his WhatsApp.
Our photographers are true local experts. They can help identify the best photo spots in Paris and personalize a fun route that makes the most out of your commissioned time.
They can even organize a private van and driver (great idea!) for you.
Also, if you already started a Pinterest inspiration board, feel free to share it as soon as possible. Our photographers have packed schedules and will be most able to help when you give them ample time.
Folks who prepare for their photoshoot have more fun and flow and achieve better photos.
Sure, some Rockstars will do amazing with little or no preparation. We also appreciate that sometimes there’s just no time to prepare.
With that said, most of us are well-advised to create a Pinterest inspiration board and share it with our photographer. It helps manage expectations while prioritizing (to yourself and your artist) what matters most and what can be accomplished.
Unless you’re doing a solo shoot, we also encourage you to practice couple photoshoot poses and to kiss. It’s delicious homework for a Friday night guaranteed to pay dividends on the day of your shoot.
Consult our expert guides and video tutorials if you’re serious about the best possible experience.
- For marriage proposals, perusing our fabulous Paris Proposal Guide is almost a no-brainer. Ha. It is amazing! Promise.
- Want to know the best photo spots in town? Then this is guide is for you.
- Finally, you’ve worked hard and want to reward yourself with a mouthwatering meal? Check out our favorite Parisian restaurants with Eiffel Tower view.
Creating a Pinterest inspiration board serves two vital goals:
- It helps manage expectations (with yourself and your photographer) which locations, poses, lighting, etc., you value.
- It also prioritizes what matters most to you and what can reasonably be accomplished within your commissioned photography coverage (locations, time of the day, season, etc.).
What you should include in your Pinterest mood board.
Ultimately less is more. Why? Because your board becomes more overlook-able for the photographer and you when it includes fewer photos. In other words, it’s easier to provide meaningful feedback.
Reducing the number of Pins also forces you to eliminate what’s not absolutely essential.
With that said, there is no harm in initially pinning as many photos as you love. You can always delete photo ideas before your shoot.
We recommend pinning your favorite:
- locations (sunrise vs. evening);
- poses (this is a big one!);
- creative couple ideas and props;
Where should I start pinning?
Head over to our searchable galleries and sort by type of shoot, fav locations, and time of the day.
We also highly recommend that couples have a look at the following two galleries:
Privatizing a van and driver comes at an additional cost (Euro 100 per hour), but is highly recommended for photo shoots with multiple locations.
Time is indeed money, and a personal driver will save you loads of time (and stress) in a busy city such as Paris.
How may you ask? Simple. Using WhatsApp, you or your photographer’s associate can continuously update the driver with live location updates and instruct him to meet you. As a result, you won’t have to wait for an UBER (they cancel on you frequently in Paris) or a taxi.
But there’s more: when you invest in a private van and driver, you should expect the following additional benefits:
- Easy and discrete outfit changes (as opposed to doing so in a café restroom or in plain public view);
- Protect your belongings. You can securely leave your wallets and phones in the van, which results in peace of mind and more flattering pictures (i.e., you avoid pocket bulging);
- Free up your hands since you can leave the props you are not using in the van;
- Stay comfy and warm in the winter (nothing beats being able to jump in a heated van after a winter sunrise shoot at Trocadéro);
- Great for families with toddlers;
- It should be reassuring that your driver will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel—one thing less to worry about.
Here’s a handy “Day-of” Checklist to keep you organized:
- pack all props and outfits the night before the shoot;
- Check the weather here when you wake up;
- charge your cell phone—you’ll need it to communicate with your photographer, take a selfie, possibly revisit your Pinterest board, and flag down an UBER;
- leave all valuable items (that are non-essential for your shoot) at the hotel, so they’re not lost or stolen;
- if you hired a beauty artist, make sure she’s done in time (the last thing you want is to arrive at your photoshoot stressed out);
- Optionally, pack a pair of comfy shoes to get from one location to the next. Louboutins are not walking shoes!
- on cool winter days, dress in layers and consider hand warmers;
- consider bringing breath fresheners;
- Leave your hotel early! There’s no harm in arriving at the meeting point before your photographer. Worst case, you grab a quick café, right? Please do not underestimate the Parisian traffic. Relatedly, expect UBER drivers to cancel on short notice;
- WhatsApp your photographer (and any other vendors) when you leave your hotel, so she knows you are on time;
- Trust in your photographer, give 100%, have a laugh, and enjoy your time in Paris.
Simply ask us.
Most balloons that look dazzling in your pictures are too large to transport in an UBER from your hotel.
Likewise, it would presumably be stressful (and difficult) for you to roam Paris for suitable balloons and stash them away in your hotel room, right? Plus, they would slightly deflate by the time of your photoshoot.
Glad you asked … since props that are within character are a brilliant way to spice up your Paris photo session. We recommend props that help you passionately connect, distract from unwanted camera awareness, and support the fun factor.
Conversely, we are not big fans of props that distract you from connecting with each other or might feel awkward.
Keep in mind that props can be bulky and require a little additional planning if your shoot entails multiple locations. A private van and driver fits the stunning oversized balloons you see on our website.
Yes, we know the best hair and makeup professionals in town. They are experienced, speak English, and understand the importance of finishing on time for your photo shoot. Simply ask your photographer or hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no hard rules when it comes to tipping etiquette for photographers. It really comes down to personal preference.
In general, if you feel that your photographer has gone above and beyond and incrementally made the experience more enjoyable, then a tip is more than welcome.
Another way to show appreciation is through a passionate video review immediately after the shoot when you are on Cloud 9.
We take great pride in our ability to turn around your photos and/or video quickly.
In less than 24 hours following your shoot, you’ll already receive a secure, watermarked online proofing gallery to view all (unedited) images. For surprise proposals, we try hard to already edit 1-2 pictures, so you don’t have to wait to share the great news with the world.
Edited videos are typically delivered within 7 calendar days from the day of your shoot.
We can’t blame you. Our photographers are so fun and talented that you’ll have a hard time deciding which images you love most.
Here’s great news: each additional high-resolution, edited image is only Euro 5.
Suppose you just can’t decide … and want all the fabulous photos from your photo session.
No problem. For a modest additional fee, you can immediately download all pictures from your shoot in unedited, ultra-high-resolution, print-ready JPEG format. Watermark-free of course!
Best of all, you can purchase the unedited, high-resolution JPEG photos before or after your shoot.
As a reminder …
… all edited images come in super-high resolution, watermark-free, and will print magnificently on (almost) anything, including canvas, metal, glass, paper, and keepsakes of all shapes and sizes).
You can download your edited pictures and print them at a local photo lab.
Our goal is to edit your photos the same way you see them on our website and social media.
We invest substantial time and effort to make your pictures look stunning.
Unlike other local studios that merely apply preset filters across images at the click of a button, we custom-edit each of your photographs individually with love.
The Classic Edit (which comes standard with every photography package):
- adjust exposure, sharpness, contrast, and highlights;
- crop for beautiful composition;
- remove blemishes, scars, moles, and possibly even stains from your outfits whenever it’s not too time-consuming;
- horizontal and vertical rotation to ensure geometrical elements such as the Eiffel Tower and horizons look splendid;
- enhance color and vibrancy;
- smooth skin (optional);
- beautify (i.e., thin) arms, legs, and chin;
- remove distracting elements, including other people, trash, etc.) whenever readily possible.
Upgrade to our Premium Edit:
- everything from the Classic Edit; and
- remove wallets, phones, and outfit indentations from your pockets as well as possible;
- smooth or reshape wrinkles in your outfits, including shirts, jackets, gowns, and pants;
- remove, reshape, or recreate hair, including for bald spots (optional);
- retouch the red soles of your Louboutin.
Upgrade to our Artistic Edit:
- everything from the Premium Edit; and
- add a more flattering sky or otherwise fundamentally alter the original image;
- clone a body part, such as the eyes, from one of your photos to a similar photo (this is desirable when you love a shot, but one of you has her eyes shut);
- add fireworks;
- enhance the spray from your Champagne pop;
- add or remove birds in Eiffel Tower Trocadéro pictures.
Yes! As mentioned, our editing process is second-to-none in Paris. We spend real time on making your photos look absolutely beautiful.
When you order Black & White edits, your photos initially pass through our meticulous Kiss Me in Paris editing process. Only then will we convert your images into timeless photo art, emphasizing true blacks and whites (instead of dull grey “B&Ws” prevalent in our industry). See example.
You can conveniently place your print orders directly from your online gallery, which saves you time and avoids mistakes.
Share your favorite photo memories from Paris with friends and family. Amazing pictures deserve to be printed. We offer loads of beautiful finishes in over 70 sizes.
Books & Albums.
Your best shots from a life-changing event in Paris justify being immortalized in a fantastic album. Our coffee table books are of spectacular quality and come in a wide variety of sizes and finishes.
Turn your most amazing images into playful, useful travel gifts. We offer fabulous café mugs, aprons, keepsake boxes, magnets, and much more.
Add a pop of personality to your apartment with our fabulous wall-friendly prints, which come in more than 20 sizes and a great variety of materials.
You’d be surprised how often people contact us after many years asking if we still have their photos.
In reality, we archive almost all shoots, so chances are we’ll still have your precious memories.
With that said, going back into the archives takes time, and we charge a fee of Euro 100 if it’s been more than one year since we delivered your edited photos to you.