25+ Dazzling NYC Marriage Proposal Photos Sure to Inspire
Hiring a New York City (NYC) proposal photographer is an excellent decision. Capturing this special moment will ensure lasting memories and provide you with stunning images to cherish and share with friends and family.
What should you not do in engagement photos?
Well, it’s your experience; you can and should do whatever makes you happy. That said, avoid things that stress you as a couple.
Men, do not let your arms dangle in your engagement photos. Instead, insert your hands into your pockets, hold your jacket’s notch lapel (folded flaps), or place them on your partner. Don’t carry your phone, wallet, or other distracting objects in your pant pockets.
Ladies, make sure to breathe abundantly. Holding your breath is not sustainable and can make for stiff poses. Don’t stand flat-footed—it’s boring. When doing the lift, be mindful of your chin, hair, and leg posture. Use a feather-light touch whenever you place your hands anywhere.
Finally, prepare well, don’t be late for your NYC engagement shoot, avoid too many photo spots or outfit changes, and don’t forget the so-called “parent-pleaser” photo (looking directly at the photographer).
What time of the year is best for engagement photos in NYC?
There’s no definitive “best” month for NYC engagement photos; the ideal time depends on your preferences and the setting you envision for your engagement photoshoot. Each season offers advantages that may appeal to different couples.
- Spring (March to May): Spring is a fabulous time for engagement photos in New York City, with blooming flowers and the Big Apple coming to life after winter. Photo spots that work well in Spring include Central Park, the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and the High Line in Chelsea.
- Summer (June to August): Summer in the City that never sleeps can be hot and humid, but it also makes for longer days, which can be great when you lead a busy lifestyle. Sunrise and evening are ideal for avoiding crowds while avoiding the warmest temperatures. Consider locations such as the Brooklyn Bridge, DUMBO, and Battery Park.
- Fall (September to November): Fall is a favored season for many couples due to the gorgeous foliage and pleasant temperatures. Changing leaves create the perfect romantic mood for engagement photos. Central Park, Prospect Park, and other parks work well for capturing the essence of autumn in NYC.
- Winter (December to February): Winter NYC engagement photos can be incredible and unique, particularly when it snows. While the temperatures can be a tad frosty, the City’s holiday spirit and festive aura create a dream setting for your pictures. Iconic photo spots include The Rock, Central Park, and Bryant Park.
How much should I spend on NYC engagement photos?
There are no hard rules, but you typically get what you pay for. Sure, it’s possible to find affordable NYC photographers on Airbnb.
That said, why would you hire a professional photographer with little-to-no value? Why take a day off work, hire a beauty artist, and passionately prepare with your partner just to end up with snapshots or—worse yet—a forgettable experience?
Book a fun NYC engagement photographer whom you trust and whose style appeals to you.
How much should you spend on an engagement shoot? It depends on the hours of coverage and whether your shoot is part of a wedding collection. Expect to invest at least USD 350-750 per hour.
Kiss Me in New York is the best NYC photography and video combo for a great time and unforgettable memories. Their service is super-professional, and they have brilliant ideas when you want to propose or just have a once-in-a-lifetime couple photoshoot. 100% recommended!!Rodrigo Reyes
Images for NYC Proposal Photographer
- LOCATIONS: Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square
- PHOTOGRAPHER: Cengiz
- VIDEOGRAPHER: Vincent
- TIME OF DAY: Sunrise, daytime, or evening
- DURATION: a minimum of 3 hours is recommended
Couples who viewed NYC Proposal Photographer also enjoy
Don’t miss out
Want really romantic NYC surprise proposal photos?