How to Pull-off a Photoshoot Surprise Proposal in Paris
Suppose you can shake your partner out of bed before dawn and convince her to head out for fun couple pictures at sunrise. Then expect the most flattering, soothing morning light and a setting blissfully free of distracting tourists.
Of course, you need to get her to dress sharp because you supposedly reserved a delightful Parisian breakfast immediately following your couple photoshoot.
Once you arrive at your designated proposal spot, start by taking some cute selfies. In no time, you’ll be approached by a friendly Parisian photographer who offers to take your photos for a small fee.
When your partner becomes comfortable and starts enjoying herself, the photographer will pose her, so she’s turned around with her back facing you.
Your photographer may instruct her to close her eyes and visualize you. She’ll think you’ll walk up to her from behind to softly kiss the fine hairs on her neck. Instead, you stay put and quickly pull the ring box out of your jacket before dropping to a knee.
Then when you’re in position and ready, the photographer will tell your partner that the plans have changed and she should turn around. And at that moment, a master musician—who had been discretely blending into the scene—approaches to play her favorite song.
You pop the question and, of course, follow our advice here. Finally, it’s time for the obligatory ring shot, the selfie, calling her parents, and a fun couple photoshoot while the emotions are preciously high.
Starting at €750
- Experienced English-speaking marriage proposal photographer to capture the moment plus a quick couple photoshoot after she says yes (approximately 60 minutes and 15 masterfully edited photos in high resolution and print-ready without watermarks);
- Master musician—choose among (or combine) a guitarist, violinist, saxophonist, or harpist (keep in mind that rates depend on the instrument and particular artist);
- Planning day-of coordination of the proposal by a professional Paris proposal planner);
- Location scouting approximately 15-20 minutes in advance of the scheduled proposal to improve the odds of getting your preferred spot).
- Premium chilled Champagne, crystal glasses and a stunningly beautiful bouquet of long-stemmed red roses hand-delivered to your proposal spot—€275;
- Paris videographer to capture the moment and priceless reactions — starting at €450 for 60 minutes;
- Additional musician—€350 minimum.
We can control almost any element of your marriage proposal experience except for the weather and bystanders crashing your proposal.
When you work with Kiss Me in Paris, the odds of unwanted interruptions are low.
Still, it is crucial to understand potential risks when proposing in a public setting. In the unlikely event of heavy rain, we will do all possible to accommodate a time or date change.